If you need a website but don’t have a huge budget, here is a good news for you. You can still build a professional website at an affordable cost.
In this blog post, we’ve shared 5 tips for you to save website development cost.
#1 Use pre-designed templates
One of the simplest yet effective ways to reduce your website development costs is to use pre-designed or readymade themes.
There are several benefits of using a readymade template to build your website.
- Most of the templates or themes are available for less than $100
- When you use any theme from a reputed web developer, you don’t have worry about mobile responsiveness, browser compatibility and loading speed.
- Majority of the web developers who provide readymade themes provide great support when you need it.
- You can quickly build your website by choosing a readymade theme or template.
#2 Use WordPress
As an experienced web development team, we always recommend to use WordPress in order to create an affordable website.
In other words, when you have limited budget to build your website, you must use WordPress.
- WordPress is free to download and use.
- WordPress developers are available at affordable charges.
- There are thousands of free & paid plugins to use with a WordPress website.
- WordPress framework is SEO-friendly so you have higher chances of ranking on search engines.
- Most of the WordPress themes are responsive & SEO-friendly.
Just to give you an idea, when you choose WordPress for your website development, you can build a website for as low as $1000 however if you choose custom coding, you may end up laying few thousands of dollars for just creating a basic website.
#3 Use low cost yet reliable web hosting
This is a great piece of advice that a web developer can give you. Web hosting is an integral & crucial part of any website development.
If you choose a reliable yet affordable web hosting service, you not only make sure that you save money, but you also save a lot frustrations & possible hosting challenges.
Not all the expensive web hosting companies are good. On the other hand, cheap web hosting doesn’t necessarily means inferior quality server.
Here are some of the reliable yet affordable web hosting companies to consider.
#4 Avoid complicated features
Starting with a few important features is always helpful to reduce your web development cost. Many novice webmasters make a mistake of adding tons of features on their websites, which of course is not a right thing to do.
Although you can consult your web developer to list out the essential features for your website, here are some of the essential features that you must not miss out:
- Content management system
- Security features
- SEO features (meta tags, header tags etc. )
- Web cache feature (to optimize the loading speed of your website)
- Easy drag-n-drop builder to make changes and design new pages hassle-free
#5 In-house website management
One of the best ways to lower down the web development cost is to manage your website in-house.
How in-house website management can help to reduce the website cost?
- You can create most of the pages yourself
- You can create landing pages for your marketing campaigns without the help of your web developer.
- You can make minor changes on your website without hiring any web designer.
- You can take full control of your website so you won’t have to run after your web developer.