The majority of people who buy online has been increasing every year.
This proves that e-commerce businesses have been growing rapidly, and showing no signs of slowing down.
So, if you ever wanted to start an e-commerce business & set up a shopping website, now is the right time.
If you are thinking that e-commerce website development can cost you a fortune, perish that thought.
With the help of a reliable yet affordable CMS platform such as WordPress, you can easily save a lot on your website development cost.
When you use WordPress for your e-commerce website creation, you get several great benefits which I will share in this blog post.
But before that, let’s have a look at some of the important reasons for having an e-commerce website in the first place.
5 Reasons To Create An E-commerce Website
- Setting up an e-commerce website allows you to sell your products to anybody, anywhere, and at any time.
- When you run your retail business through an e-commerce website, you can easily cut down your operational cost by more than 30%.
- There are no monthly recurring expenses (like electricity, rental, etc.) when you run an e-commerce business vs doing business with a physical presence. All that you need to pay for is the development cost of an e-commerce website (one-time) and web hosting & domain name (yearly).
- When you sell your products through an e-commerce website, you can grow your business globally because virtually you can reach the whole world.
- You can earn money while sleeping. Yes, if your e-commerce website has lots of visitors and you sell globally, every morning you can see new orders in your inbox.
Now that we already know the benefits of running an e-commerce business, let’s see how you can set up an e-commerce website at an affordable price.
There are several open-source CMS platforms available today that you can use to build your e-commerce website.
WordPress is one of the most favorite and commonly used CMS for developing an e-commerce website.
In this blog post, I have shared 6 but major benefits of choosing WordPress for your e-commerce website development.
6 Reasons to use WordPress for your e-commerce web design:
#1 Free To Use
WordPress is available free to use.
You can simply download and install a WordPress setup and start developing your e-commerce website.
Of course, you may need the help of a WordPress developer to make changes or customizations on your website according to the specific requirements of your business.
Every time new updates are available on WordPress, you can update your website too.
It just takes few seconds to upgrade your existing WordPress version to the new one.
In other words, you can easily upgrade the core WordPress version of your website to ensure the optimum performance & security of your website.
#2 Plenty Of Plugins Available
If you already have a WordPress website or a blog and you wish to integrate e-commerce features on it, you can easily find a plugin like WooCommerce to install & start running an e-commerce store.
WooCommerce is one of the efficient yet free WordPress plugins that can be used to create an online store in just a few hours.
Additionally, you can find dozens of useful plugins that can be installed with your WooCommerce website to enhance its features.
Below are some of the great WordPress plugins that you can use with your WooCommerce website to grow your sales:
- Live Sales Notification
- YITH Wishlist
- Refer a Friend
- Direct Checkout
- Request a Quote
Of course, if you need some customizations in an existing theme or plugin, you can always hire a web developer at an affordable price.
#3 Easy Availability Of WordPress Developers
When you choose WordPress for your e-commerce web design, you won’t face any challenges in finding & hiring a developer.
Most website development companies do have WordPress developers onboard.
Additionally, you can also find plenty of options for hiring freelance web developers who know WordPress website development.
Since WordPress is one of the most popular & commonly used CMSs, you can easily find expert web developers who work on WordPress websites and that too, at an affordable cost.
So, whether you need to create a new e-commerce website or redesign your WooCommerce website
How can a WooCommerce developer help you?
A WooCommerce developer can help you to:
- Create a new e-commerce store.
- Redesign your existing WooCommerce website
- Fix errors & bugs on your WordPress website.
- Maintain your WooCommerce store.
Recommended post: 12 Questions to ask before you hire a WordPress developer in Singapore
#4 Easy Integration With 3rd Party Tools
There are several 3rd party tools available for e-commerce entrepreneurs to integrate with their websites and make their lives easier.
These tools include but are not limited to accounting systems, inventory management systems, shipping systems, etc.
Again, because of the worldwide popularity of WordPress, most CRM, POS, and Accounting Software vendors ensure that their tools are compatible with the WordPress CMS.
So you don’t need to worry if you want to use any 3rd party software to scale-up your business because your website is already prepared to get along with them.
Using WordPress CMS for your e-commerce website development can be cost-effective for you in the below ways:
- WordPress is open-source & free to use.
- Most of the WordPress plugins are available free of cost.
- Most of the WordPress themes are available free of cost or at a much lower price.
- If at all, you need some customizations in any of the free plugins or themes, you can easily find WordPress developers to hire at a nominal cost.
- The cost to maintain a WordPress website is too low because you can handle most of the website chores yourself.
- WordPress doesn’t need any high-configuration server. You can easily find WordPress hosting for as low as $10 per month.
#6 Ease to use
One of the major reasons for the popularity of WordPress CMS is its easy-to-use backend interface.
Even a layman webmaster can learn website management in just a few days.
You can easily manage the below activities on your WordPress e-commerce website:
- Adding or editing the webpages.
- Adding or editing the blogs.
- Product categories management.
- Products management.
- Fetching & downloading important reports such as sales reports, customer reports, orders reports, etc.
- Discount codes management.
- & More…
When you have full control over your website content management, you don’t need to hire web developers each time you need a small change. You can easily do it yourself. This way, you can save on your overall website development cost as well.