If you are looking to hire a website developer to build a dynamic website for you, this blog post may help you.
Here, I have covered most of the questions (along with the answers), including the cost to create a dynamic website in Singapore, which will help you to understand dynamic website development in a better way.
What is dynamic website design?
Dynamic websites are the sites that can be managed or edited from the backend.
Usually, a dynamic website comes with an intuitive & easy-to-understand backend that allows webmasters or website owners to manage their websites easily.
One doesn’t need any specific technical skills to manage a dynamic website. Even a layman can easily understand the operation of a dynamic website’s backend system.
For example, WordPress CMS that’s widely used to create dynamic websites also comes with a user-friendly backend system that allows you to manage webpages, posts, media (images, videos, audio, etc.), and more.
Why choose a dynamic website?
Well, there are many reasons for you to choose a dynamic website. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Affordability: The #1 reason to create a dynamic website is its affordability. Most of the CMS platforms that allow web developers to create a website come free to use. This means there is no license fee that you need to pay to use these platforms. All you have to pay for is, your website developer’s fees to set up, customize, and maintain your website.
- Ease of use: As already mentioned above, dynamic websites are easy to use. You don’t need any specific technical skills to manage the web pages of your site.
- Scalability: Although dynamic websites are developed using predefined plugins & themes, your website developer can still customize them to suit your unique requirements. In other words, dynamic websites are scaleable or flexible through customizations.
- Easy to redesign: In the case of dynamic websites, it becomes easier for a website developer to redesign them. Since these dynamic websites are database-driven, the developers just need to redesign the fronted and integrate the same database with the new interface. This also means that the cost to redesign your website will be lower as compared to redesigning a static website.
- Easy to maintain: As we know that dynamic websites use third-party plugins & themes, it’s easier for your website developer to upgrade them as and when there is any new notification from the developers of these plugins or themes.
What is the cost to build a dynamic website?
The cost to build a dynamic website may start from $1200 however if you need several advanced features on your website, you may have to pay $5000 or even more.
What are the determinants of cost to build a dynamic website?
There are several factors that determine the cost of a dynamic website. Some of those important factors are mentioned below:
- The complexity of the website’s functionality.
- The development platform of the website.
- Type of website (business website, eCommerce website, or a web portal).
What are the recurring costs?
There are a few recurring costs that you may have to pay every year to maintain your website. These costs may include:
- Website hosting renewal
- Domain name renewal
- SSL certificate renewal
- Plugin renewal, if applicable.
For the above charges, you may end up paying between $200 and $400 per annum.
Recommended post: How much is the website development cost in Singapore?
What are the basic features of a dynamic website?
Although there are many features that a dynamic website can accommodate, below are some of the essential features of a basic dynamic website:
- CMS (content management system) to allow webmasters to change the website content.
- Online payments (in the case of eCommerce websites)
- Search functionality
- Blog section
- Ability to change the colors and fonts of the website.
- View users or members at the backend
- Navigation menu management
Which platform is best for dynamic website development?
If you are looking for dynamic website development at an affordable price, you must go with WordPress CMS.
There are many reasons for you to choose WordPress for your dynamic website development. Below are some of these reasons:
- The WordPress CMS is easy to use.
- You can find plenty of options to hire a WordPress developer.
- Most WordPress plugins are free to use.
- Most WordPress themes are available at a nominal cost which could be as low as $70.
- The WordPress backend is easy to manage.
- WordPress is SEO-friendly.
Recommended post: 6 Reasons to choose WordPress for your website development
How to hire a professional yet affordable website developer
Although there are thousands of options for you to choose from & hire a website developer for your dynamic website development, not all of them are good.
How can you find a reliable yet affordable website developer?
Well, asking a few questions can help you a lot in deciding upon a website developer. Below are some of the important questions that you must ask before hiring a website developer.
- How much experience do you have in dynamic website development?
- How much do you charge?
- How much time will you take to create my website?
- What is your service warranty?
- Do you provide website maintenance services?
- Who are your existing customers?
- Can you share your past works with us?
- How you will hand over the website to me after the completion?
Recommended post: 12 Questions to ask before you hire a website developer