What’s a drop shipping website
A dropshipping website is a site that allows you to sell products without having to purchase and store the products in advance.
When a customer buys a product from you, the dropshipping website will pull the product from a stockist and have it shipped directly to your buyer.
What are the benefits of a dropshipping website?
There are 2 major benefits of creating a dropshipping website.
The first is that it’s very easy to set up a dropshipping site because you don’t have to worry about inventory management and customer service.
The second is that it’s a great way to build a brand and a website without spending a lot of money.
When do you need a dropshipping website?
You need to create a dropshipping website when:
- You want to start an eCommerce business but you don’t have your own items.
- You want to figure out the demand of a product line before you start investing in its procurement or manufacturing.
- You don’t want to get into the hassles of inventory management and products procurement.
- You want to lead a work-from-anywhere lifestyle.
- You don’t want to worry about customer service.
How much is the cost to build a dropshipping website
A dropshipping website can cost a bit higher than the normal eCommerce site.
While creating a dropshipping website, your website builder may have to integrate a module that can help you to easily fetch hundreds of items from your principal’s website such as AliExpress, etc.
Your website developer may charge you between $4000 and $6000 to create a dropshipping website. And it may take around 45 days to create a dropshipping website.
Hire an affordable website developer now to build your dropshipping store.
If you are on a budget, you can also consider choosing WordPress for your dropshipping website. It can help you to reduce your website development cost by almost 30%.
Additionally, there are several WooCommerce plugins for dropshipping that your website maker can use and integrate with your online store.
Need a dropshipping site? Contact us!
Essential features that your dropshipping website must have
Before you proceed to hire a website developer to create your dropshipping website, you must know some of the basic yet essential features of a dropshipping website.
I have shared here a few essential features that your dropshipping website should have.
Let’s get started!
#1 Dropshipping module
The dropshipping module can help you to import hundreds of products in one go from your principal’s website.
This module is very important for your dropshipping website because adding the products manually can take ages for you.
To speed up the process of your eCommerce store publishing, you must have a dropshipping module that will allow you to:
- Choose specific categories or products to import to your store.
- Change the description, title, price, etc. before you import the items.
- Add a ‘multiplier’ value by which the price of all items should be increased so that you don’t have to change the price of each product manually.
- Import hot-selling items on your principal’s website (such as AliExpress) to your WooCommerce store.
- Set a time interval for the syncing of products.
- Automate the syncing of price and stock using “CRONS”.
#2 Live chat
A live chat option on your website is a great way to build trust with your clients, especially if you’re running a dropshipping eCommerce site.
By responding to questions and concerns in real-time, you’re showing your customers that you’re paying attention to them and their needs.
When you’re starting out, it’s important to get clients’ feedback on your website.
A live chat can help you to connect with your potential buyers and get their valuable feedback about your website and products.
Live chat is becoming increasingly popular with customers because it allows customers to get answers to their questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
It’s also a great way to increase the average order value of your store because you can upsell users while they’re on live chat.
#3 Social proof
For a dropshipping business, it’s essential to winning the trust of your potential buyers. Social proof, or customer testimonials, is one of the best ways to do this.
Social proof is a psychological phenomenon where people feel more comfortable doing things that they see other people are doing.
In eCommerce, this means that social proof can make visitors more likely to buy your products because they’ll see that other people have already bought the products on your site.
#4 First time discount
A first-time discount is a discount that is offered to a customer when they become a new customer.
For example, you might offer a 15% discount on your products for the first purchase they make on your website.
This is an important tool for building trust with new customers especially for the new eCommerce businesses who have to struggle to get their customers after they launch their store.
You can also call it a welcome offer or a new customer discount.
It’s a great way to attract new buyers who are just browsing on your website.
Is WordPress good for dropshipping website development?
If you looking to build a dropshipping website at an affordable cost, choose WordPress.
Hire a WordPress designer who can help you to create a dropshipping website using WooCommerce (a WordPress plugin).
How WordPress can help you to reduce your website design cost?
- WordPress is a free open-source CMS.
- Most of the WordPress plugins are available free to use.
- WordPress themes are affordable and come with responsive design.
- The WooCommerce plugin for eCommerce web development also comes free to use.
- WordPress developers are affordable.
- WordPress CMS is easy to use. This means you don’t have to hire a website developer each time you need any changes on your site.