If you’ve been wanting to start a business but have been unsure about the best way to get started, WooCommerce may be the answer you’re looking for.
In this blog post, I’ll be discussing the basics of WooCommerce, as well as some of the more advanced features.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is an eCommerce platform that allows you to sell products online. It’s an open-source plugin built by WooThemes, which has over 3 million active installs.
WooCommerce is a free, open-source eCommerce plugin that lets you easily create an online store to sell your products.
It’s used by over 3 million websites all over the world, and it powers 30% of all eCommerce stores.
If you’re planning to start an online store, I’d recommend you take a look at WooCommerce. It’s an open-source eCommerce plugin that’s free to download and use. It’s highly customizable and has features like an affiliate program, live product support, and product reviews.
Why WooCommerce for eCommerce website development?
Well, if you are wondering why should you use WooCommerce to create your online store, here are some of the major benefits of WooCommerce:
- WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin which means you can technically convert any simple WordPress website or blog into a full-fledged eCommerce store easily & cost-effectively.
- WooCommerce is great for eCommerce website development because it’s an open-source, free platform that’s very easy to use and install.
- There are hundreds of great WordPress themes that are compatible with WooCommerce. So, you don’t have to worry about the design of your eCommerce store when you use WooCommerce.
- WooCommerce developers are easily available. Not only that, but most of WooCommerce developers are affordable.
- It takes less time & cost to create an eCommerce website using WooCommerce. This is possible because of the seamless integration of the WooCommerce plugin with any WordPress website or blog.
- Managing the backend of a WooCommerce website is super easy. Even if you don’t have any technical skills, you can easily manage the backend of your WooCommerce store without hiring any website developer.
- WooCommerce supports a huge range of extensions and plugins and has a vibrant and active community of developers and users.
- Hosting a WooCommerce based eCommerce store is easy & cost-effective. Any shared web hosting plan can run your WooCommece website smoothly & effectively.
How much does a WooCommerce website cost?
Well, there is no standard pricing structure when it comes to the WooCommerce website development.
Some WordPress developers may charge you more than $5000 however others may quote you as low as $3000.
But you should be able to get a professional & power-packed WooCommerce website for $3000. At this price, you can get a nice-looking theme, all the required plugins, web hosting, logo design, domain name registration, and assistance from your developer to upload the products to your website.
How much do WooCommerce developers charge?
Again there is no fixed hourly charge that website builders may charge. But an average WordPress developer usually charges between $20 to $35 per hour.
So based on your specific needs and scope of work, you may have to pay your web developer.
Let’s say if you want to redesign your existing WooCommerce website and it will take 60 hours to redesign your site, you may have to pay your developer between $1200 and $2000.
And if you want your developer to fix any bugs or issues on your WooCommerce store, he may charge you between $400 and $700 assuming that the fixing job will take 20 hours.
Now that you have a pretty fair idea about how much does a WooCommerce developer charges, you can easily find and hire a reliable developer in Singapore.
If you are looking to hire a WooCommerce developer to build a new eCommerce store, redesign an existing online store, or fix any bugs or issues on your existing store, you can get in touch with us to get a quote.
Why WooCommerce is better than other eCommerce CMSs?
Since the dawn of eCommerce, there have been so many different eCommerce platforms available.
It seems like everyone has their own eCommerce platform, but if you’re looking for one that has it all, Woocommerce might be the best eCommerce platform for you.
The WooCommerce plugin allows you to create a fully-featured e-commerce website using WordPress as a platform.
It gives you a lot of flexibility and control over the design and layout of your store and is highly customizable that may not be the case with other eCommerce platforms such as OpenCart or Magento.
WooCommerce is actually a great solution for a lot of online store owners.
When you choose WooCommerce over OpenCart or Magento, you get below advantages:
- You can add useful plugins to your website yourself without even hiring a web developer each time you need any changes to your website.
- It becomes easy to redesign your online store when you use WooCommerce for your website development.
- You can add a plugin for multi-users so that your staff can also have different login credentials to add the products to your website.
- There is an abundance of WordPress website makers who can work on your WooCommerce website. This means you get a better price, being too much competition among WordPress developers.
What are some of the best features of WooCommerce?
There are several features that are available with WooCommerce, but here I have listed some of the best features that you get:
- Easy product management: When you use WooCommerce for your eCommerce store development, you don’t have to worry about products management. It can be as easy as a few clicks when it comes to adding, editing, or deleting products on your WooCommerce store.
- Discount coupons: You can easily create discount coupons on your WooCommerce website. These discount coupons can help you to get more sales from your users.
- Shipping Management: Now you don’t have to go through the complicated process of integrating shipping management into your online store. With a WooCommerce website, you can easily add different shipping classes and define charges for each of them.
- Payment gateway integration: When you use WooCommerce for your website development, you don’t have to contact your website maker every time you want to add new payment methods to your website. You can simply install & configure the desired payment gateway plugin and start accepting payments from your customers.
- Easy reporting: WooCommerce makes it easier for the store owners to view all of their orders, inventory, invoices, etc. at the backend. You can view & even download the required reports from your website’s backend.
- Easy tax management: If you want to charge different taxes from your customers, you can do that easily with the help of your WooCommerce website. Again, you don’t need any WordPress website maker to configure the taxes on your website. You can do it all on your own.
- Simple checkout system: A simple checkout system is very important for maximizing sales on any eCommerce store. WooCommerce comes with a simple & user-friendly checkout to encourage your visitors to complete their orders.
- Product variables: WooCommerce makes it easier for the store owners to define their own product attributes and variables without complicating the process. You can easily define your product variables such as size, color, etc. for each product in your store.