Although it has become a lot easier to build an e-commerce website using great WordPress plugins such as WooCommerce, but it does take some special ingredients to get more sales out of your online store.
If you already have an e-commerce website, you probably know what I am talking about. And if you don’t have any experience in online selling but planning to setup an e-commerce store soon, it’s better for you to know about this upfront.
By having a look at & comparing some of the successful e-commerce websites, you can easily figure out some of their commonalities. But you don’t need to spend hours to do this hectic job.
Here, I have already shared some of the e-commerce features & their respective plugins (for WooCommerce websites) that can really bring some added value to your online store.
Let’s get started.
Whether it’s an online store or any other business, referral works best. We all know that and perhaps most of us have experienced it too.
Same referral magic can be applied to your WooCommerce website too.
How does a referral feature help your business:
- It helps your e-commerce store to get more sales at no extra cost.
- It helps your business to gain existing customers’ engagement & loyalty.
So, if you do have an e-commerce store and looking for different ways to grow your sales, add a feature of referral today.
Recommended WordPress plugin for referral feature: ReferralCandy
Although, a wishlist feature is no more a fancy thing these days, but many e-commerce webmasters often fail to recognise its importance and do not integrate with their stores.
How does a wishlist feature help your e-commerce website?
- It facilitates the users to save products for future purchase.
- It enables your users to buy products added to their wishlist, in just a few clicks.
Recommended WordPress plugin for wishlist: E-Commerce Wishlist
This plugin also allows your web developer to customize it according to your website design.
#3 Express Checkout
What are the advantages of an express checkout system?
- Express checkout helps your potential buyers to reach payment page and buy your products quickly.
- It saves the valuable time of your customers by skipping some of the checkout steps.
Recommended WordPress plugin for express checkout: WooCommerce PayPal Express Checkout
How can countdown help your Woocommerce website to get more sales?
Various studies have proved that one of the best ways to increase the sales of any e-commerce website is to create a sense of urgency for your users.
When your potential buyers realise that your offer or product is available for a limited amount of time only, they tend to make their decision quickly.
#5 Exit Intent Popup
Have you experienced surfing on an e-commerce website and when you try close the browser tab, you are being shown a popup that demonstrates some of the benefits or sense of urgency or a lucrative offer to buy the products? I am sure you did. These kind of popups are known as “Exit Intent Popup“.
How does an exit intent popup can help your WooCommerce website?
- It attempts to stop your non-paid visitors and tries to convert them into paid customers by offering additional values.
- It helps to reduce the bounce rate of your WooCommerce store.
Recommended WordPress plugin for exit intent popup: Poptin
The best part of this plugin is that it allows you to manage the popup content & design without the help of any website developer.
#6 First Order Discount
If you are wondering how can you get more customers for your e-commerce store, then try out the “First order discount” feature.
How this feature can help your WooCommerce website?
- It allows the new users to buy from you and get discount on their first order.
- It helps you to get more sales out of the same amount of traffic.
Recommended WordPress plugin for first order discount: First Order Discount WooCommerce