If you’ve been planning to redesign your website in 2020-2021, this blog post is for you. In this blog post, I have shared 6 tips that you can follow while revamping your website to get better results.
#1 Have your revised plan ready
Before you even begin redesigning your website, you must have a revised plan for of business. Your plan may consist of few essential information like:
- Additional sections/pages that you may want to add on your website.
- If you need any additional feature like blog, news, subscription etc.
- Different ways of getting conversions from your website.
- If you have an e-commerce website that you want to redesign, it may be worth thinking about new product categories that you may want to add.
- Keywords that you want to focus on, if you are running SEO campaigns.
- Content sitemap
Once you have your revised plan with you, hiring a web developer will become quite easier because you already know what you want.
#2 Removal of useless items
A website design must always be simple & clean, without any clutter.
Your existing website may have some features or elements that you don’t need at all.
For example, one of my clients discovered that a subscription box on his website was serving no purpose to him because firstly nobody was filling out that form and secondly my client don’t intend to send any newsletter or offers to his customers. So, while redesigning his website we decided to remove this subscription box from his website.
Removing useless features from your website may also sometimes result in better performance of your website. So, it’s worth considering.
#3 Implementing call-to-action
Not all the visitors who land on your website may know what to do next unless they are being told or provided some kind of directions.
Here comes the usage of “call-to-action” elements. A call-to-action element like button can guide about the next step that your users are expected to take. These buttons could be in the form of “Contact us”, “Send enquiry”, “Buy Now”, “Get a free trial” or “Download now”.
Does your existing website have appropriate call-to-action elements? If not, adding them to your new website may help you to get more conversions & sales.
#4 High resolutions images
An image says a thousand words. That’s true, but its mostly applicable to high-quality images. While it’s true that buying stock photos can increase the cost of your website development, you can still use free high-resolution stock photos from the websites like Pixabay or Pexels.
Here’s why you must always use high-quality images on your website:
- For better website design.
- To enhance user-experience.
- For ideal responsive design.
- To lower down the bounce rate.
- To get more conversions & sales.
So, this time when you redesign your website, do consider using only high-resolution images.
#5 Intuitive navigation
An intuitive or user-friendly navigation can help you to improve the user-engagement rate on your website because it allows the visitors to move across the different webpages easily & hassle-free.
Below are some of the effective tips to build an intuitive navigation on a website:
- Use simple & conventional language for your links.
- Link back the logo to your homepage.
- Have the primary navigation stand out.
- Use responsive navigation for smart devices like mobiles & tablets.
- Use sticky navigation so that the menu is always visible to the users.
- Indicate the current location of users for ease-of-understanding.
Having an intuitive navigation on your website can lead to lower bounce rate and higher user-engagement rate. So, when you redesign your existing website, do make sure that you do have an intuitive navigation.
#6 Responsive web design
Given that more than 60% of the internet audience use their smart devices to search & browse the information, it becomes even more important to ensure the responsiveness of your website.
Therefore, when you hire a web developer to redesign your current website, do ensure that you get a responsive design as a part of your package.
Here are but some of the major benefits of having a responsive website design:
- Mobile & tablet users can browse your website easily.
- The SEO score of your website get improved and as a result you can get more traffic.
- The bounce rate of your website goes down.
- The loading speed of your website on smart devices get optimized.
- The user-engagement rate of your website get improved.
You can also request your website designer to hide or remove any of the element(s) from the mobile-view and yet retain it for the desktops, if required. The major idea behind building a responsive website is not just to get a mobile compatible view, but to enrich the user-experience too.