While it’s true that it has become quite easier and faster to develop an eCommerce website using WordPress, at the same time it’s equally crucial to use the best plugins.
A set of great plugins can make your website but also a single bad plugin can ruin your whole website.
In this blog post, I will be sharing 6 must-have plugins to build a WordPress eCommerce website. We will discuss the usage and benefits of each plugin.
- To develop an eCommerce website on any existing WordPress website or a new WordPress setup.
- It’s free to use
- It helps to create a professional eCommerce website
- It is secure
- It helps in analytics
- It’s easy to customize
- There are many themes available for WooCommerce
- SEO friendly
#2 Yoast SEO
- Helps to improve search engine rankings of your WordPress eCommerce website.
- Useful in creating content with SEO guidelines
- Useful in optimizing images for search engines
- Helps to generate automated XML sitemaps
- Helps to verify the website for webmaster tools
- Helps to improve content readability for users
- Helps to integrate simple/conditional/order forms with your eCommerce website.
- Form templates (currently five to choose from)
- Multipage forms
- Spam protection
- File uploads
- Advanced field types
- Form entry management
- Form confirmation
- Custom CSS
#4 All In One WP Security
- Helps you to secure your eCommerce website against malicious injections and hackers.
- Ability to change the default “admin” username to some other value of your choice.
- Ability to change default “wp-admin” URL to a custom name which is hard to guess.
- Block creating new accounts on your WordPress website.
- Create a basic firewall for your website.
- Protect against “Brute Force Login Attack” with the Login Lockdown feature.
- Ability to chat the default WP prefix with the database to a custom prefix, just with the click of a button.
- Helps change file permissions of important files so that it becomes difficult for hackers to edit them.
- Helps you to back up your eCommerce website and restore the previous backup versions with just a few clicks.
- Real-time backups of changes, as and when they happen
Export different parts of your WordPress website in a downloadable zip file
You can take multiple backups on various dates and view all of them in a list format
#6 WP Fastest Cache
- Helps you to enhance the loading speed of your WordPress eCommerce website.
- This plugin uses the fastest cache method “Mod_Rewrite”.
- Preload Cache feature to cache the whole website automatically.
- Deletes all the cache files when a post or page is published.
- The ability for the admin to delete all cached files from the options page.
- The ability for the admin to delete minified CSS and js files from the options page.
- Ability to block cache for specific pages or posts with Short Code.
- Cache Timeout – Ability to delete all cached files at the determinate time.
- Cache Timeout for specific pages.
- Ability to enable/disable cache option for mobile devices.
- Ability to enable/disable cache option for logged-in users
- SSL support
- CDN support