Do you have an e-commerce website and looking for different ways to grow your sales & customers?
Get a blog!
Yes, with the help of a blog, and by writing blog posts regularly, you can grow your online sales.
In this blog post, I have shared 5 useful ways to use your blog effectively & grow your e-commerce sales without any huge investment.
But before we look into the different ways to grow your sales with the help of a blog, let’s see what are the benefits of creating & maintaining a blog for your e-commerce store.
- A blog helps you to establish yourself as an authority in your niche.
- Regular blogging helps you get more traffic to your website.
- A blog can establish 2-way communication between you and your customers.
- A blog can serve you as your customer care team.
- Builds brand awareness and loyalty.
- It’s a free marketing platform for your business.
- You can use videos for all of your important announcements.
- Videos help to generate leads and get more conversions for your business.
#1 Levarage search engine rankings
One of the most important benefits of regular blogging for your e-commerce website is to get found on search engines. In other words, a blog can help your e-commerce website to rank on the search engines and get relevant traffic from them.
When you post the blog on your website regularly, you add more and more content to your website.
And we all know that when it comes to SEO (search engine rankings), content is king!
The more content your website has, the higher will be the chances for your website to rank. The key is to publish unique & useful content.
Below are some of the useful tips that you can follow while writing a blog post on your e-commerce website:
- Use the right keywords in your blog and link them up with other webpages or blog posts on your website.
- The length of your blog posts shouldn’t be too short. Make sure to have at least 800 words for each blog.
- Don’t overuse the keywords in your blog post.
- Try to include long-tail keywords.
- Write & publish the blog posts regularly. It doesn’t matter whether you write 5 times a week or 3 times a week but you must write regularly. Consistency is the key here.
- Let the users comment on your blog posts.
- All the images that you use on your blog, must have an alt tag.
- Use frequently asked questions as the topic of your blog posts so that it gets higher search engine rankings.
- Share your blog posts on other bloggers’ websites or social media websites.
E-commerce companies that publish blog posts regularly tend to get more sales than those who don’t. Various studies have shown this.
#2 Promote your products
You can use your website blog as a hub to promote your products too. You can talk about products in your blog posts and convince your audience to buy your products.
For example, if you sell fashion watches on your e-commerce store, you can write a blog post and give a few solid reasons to your readers why they should buy your products or how your products can change their outlook.
You may also write blog posts to educate your audience about the industry trends, new arrivals, and even product improvements.
Additionally, your web developer can place some widgets within your blog posts or at the sidebar of the blog pages showing different products based on the theme of your blog posts. These widgets can contain product listing based on:
- Staff picks
- Industry trends
- Product improvements
- Gift ideas
The whole idea here is to engage your website visitors with your product offerings.
#3 Talk to your customers
The blog on your website can also be a 2-way communication channel of your business.
In other words, you not only write and convey your messages to your readers, but you also invite them to participate in the conversation and let you know their thoughts. To do this, your website developer will have to enable the option of “Write a comment” under each blog post on your website.
This kind of 2-way communication can help your business in many ways such as:
- Building the brand reputation.
- Understanding customers’ thoughts and requirements.
- Making your audience feel important.
- Providing the search engine crawlers the food that they are looking for (more content).
#4 Encourage social sharing
Social networking websites such as Facebook can help you to grow your e-commerce sales by sending quality traffic to your website. And allowing your website visitors to share your blog posts on their timeline/feed is a great way to attract more traffic to your website.
Social sharing option on your e-commerce blog can help you in many ways such as below:
- Creating your brand awareness.
- Establishing your brand as an authority in the market.
- Better SEO rankings because search engines like Google consider social signals as one of the factors to rank a website.
- Being more social.
- Getting quality traffic to your website.
Now that you know the benefits of social sharing on your e-commerce blog, you can request your e-commerce developer to place sharing widget with each blog post of your website.
#5 Use the videos
One of the best ways to explain the usage & benefits of your products is to showcase a demo video.
All the big brands use videos for storytelling, explaining the benefits of their products and addressing the frequently asked questions of their audience.
You can do the same on your e-commerce blog.
Below are 5 major benefits of showing videos on your blog:
- It helps to convert your website visitors.
- Your video can act as a salesperson.
- The website users can comment on the video or ask their questions.
- The users can share your videos on their social media timelines or feeds.
- If your video is entertaining, it will help to reduce the bounce rate of your website.