Do you sell products or services and want to grow your sales with the help of an e-commerce website? Selling online can really help you to increase your sales without spending a fortune.
Here are some of the benefits of selling online:
- Website design services are much cheaper as compared to setting up a brick-n-mortar outlet.
- The reach of an online store is massive.
- The marketing expenses for online stores are comparatively cheaper than the traditional methods of marketing for a brick-n-mortar business.
- You can easily track the performance of your website and marketing campaigns.
Of course, there are dozens of options for you to hire a web developer and choose a website development platform but are all of them affordable?
As a startup, you may not be willing or able to spend a lot of money on your e-commerce website development. So, you must find some creative ways to save your website development cost and launch your online store cost-effectively.
In this blog post, I have shared 4 cost-effective ways for you to build & launch an e-commerce store in 2020-2021.
#1 WordPress website design
One of the best ways to save your website design cost & build a fully-functional e-commerce store in 2020-2021 is to use WordPress.
WordPress is perhaps one of the most efficient, cost-effective & user-friendly CMS platforms available on the planet today.
Below are some of the major reasons for you to use WordPress to create an e-commerce website:
- WordPress is free to use because it’s an open-source CMS. You don’t need to pay any monthly or annual subscription fee to use WordPress. It’s all free.
- There are hundreds of plugins available for you to use with your WordPress website. You can easily integrate a plugin and add a new feature to your website. For instance, you can integrate “WooCommerce” to your WordPress website and set up an e-commerce store in just a few minutes.
- Most of the WordPress plugins are either free or available at a nominal cost. The low cost of WordPress plugins also helps to reduce your website design & development cost.
- WordPress is loved by search engines. So you can leverage the efficient framework of WordPress to optimize your website for search engines.
- Most of the WordPress themes are responsive (mobile-friendly) so you get an e-commerce website design that’s compatible with all kinds of smart devices.
- There is no shortage of WordPress developers in the web design industry. It simply means that you will never face any issues in hiring a developer and also because of the stiff competition among developers, you will always get an affordable website development quote.
#2 Shopify web development
Shopify is yet another way to create an e-commerce store conveniently and cost-effectively. Similar to WordPress, Shopify is also a CMS platform that makes it easier for you and your developer to build a fully-functional online store.
Over the last few years, Shopify has become favorite of many webmasters and web developers.
Here are some of the major benefits that you get with Shopify:
- The number one reason to use Shopify is that it’s growing rapidly and several big players are also using Shopify.
- Shopify offers flexibility & scalability. You can hire a Shopify developer to customize your e-commerce store according to your requirements.
- The easy-to-use backend interface of Shopify is perhaps one of the reasons that it has become favorite of many webmasters. Even novice webmasters find it easy to manage various things from the backend.
- Just like WordPress, Shopify also offers hundreds of apps to extend the functionality of your online store. You name the feature and Shopify has an app for it.
- Shopify also helps you to reduce your website development cost as it’s definitely cheaper as compared to building a website using custom coding.
- You don’t have to think about website hosting when you subscribe to Shopify’s premium plans.
- Shopify offers you discounts if you subscribe to their annual plans.
If you have been thinking whether you should go for Shopify to build your e-commerce website or not, don’t give it a second thought. It’s definitely a good choice for you to create an online store this year.
#3 Magento web development
Magento is not a new name in the field of e-commerce development platforms.
Over a decade, a countless number of e-commerce businesses have leveraged the power-packed features to set up & grow their online businesses.
Magento is one of the powerful & flexible e-commerce website development platforms to create robust online stores.
Here are some of the key features of Magento:
- Magento is also an open-source platform like WordPress & Shopify which means it also offers a high level of customization.
- There are hundreds of third-party software & tools that can be integrated with Magento websites to enhance its features & functionalities.
- If you are one of those e-commerce entrepreneurs who is looking for a development platform that can offer scalability, flexibility, and speed, Magento is here for you.
- Magento has a huge community which means you won’t find any difficulty in searching for and hiring a web developer to build, customize, or redesign your Magento website.
#4 OpenCart web development
OpenCart is another scalable, feature-rich, and robust e-commerce platform to launch an online store.
In other words, OpenCart is a powerful e-commerce platform that allows you to achieve your online business goals at an affordable cost.
Here are some of the benefits of using OpenCart for your e-commerce website development.
- It’s easy to use OpenCart for even a novice webmaster. In other words, you don’t need any technical skills to manage an OpenCart store.
- There are thousands of extensions available for your OpenCart website that you can integrate and extend the functionality of your website.
- There are hundreds of SEO-friendly & responsive themes that you can use for your OpenCart website to give it a professional look.
- OpenCart also facilitates multi-lingual & multi-currency features.
- Just like other open sources, OpenCart developer are also available at an affordable cost.
- If you are looking for multi-store functionality on your e-commerce website, OpenCart is the right choice for you. You can create multiple stores on your OpenCart setup and handle them from a single admin panel.