A website is super important to have!
Websites are crucial to an online business because they’re the hub for your company’s digital presence.
Your website is where you can showcase your products and services. Your site is a great place for your team, background, and story to be featured. Also you can highlight your differentiating factors on your website.
Websites are the hub for today’s online presence and should be made readily available and accessible.
To sum up, having a website is no more a show-off or a luxury, it’s rather a necessity.
However, developing a website can sometimes cost you a fortune. Especially, if you want to build an eCommerce store, you may have to pay several thousands of dollars to have it built.
But is that the only way to get a professional website?
Do you really have to spend a lot of money to create a website for your business?
The answer is ‘No’. Because there are many ways in which you can get rid of the high cost of website development.
In this blog post, I have shared a few ways to build a website at a low cost.
Are you interested to know? Stay tuned!
#1 Go for an open-source CMS
Open source content management systems can help you save a lot of money. They’re cheaper than a lot of other CMS platforms and they have a number of benefits when it comes to website development.
Why open-source CMS for your website development?
- They are free
- They are flexible and easy to customize.
- There is plenty of web developers who can work on open-source CMS platforms.
- Open-source platforms make it easier & quicker to build a website.
Which open-source CMS is the best?
If you want a website that’s professional, affordable, and at the same time easy-to-use, go for WordPress.
- WordPress is free to use.
- The functionality of a WordPress website can be extended.
- Most WordPress themes are available for as low as $70
- Most WordPress themes are available free of cost.
- WordPress is easy-to-learn.
- WordPress is easy to redesign.
- The architecture of WordPress CMS is loved by search engines. It means you will have a high possibility of ranking your website on the search engines.
Recommended post: Why do webmasters and web developers love WordPress CMS
#2 Use a pre-built theme
Using a pre-built theme is another way to build an affordable website.
When you use a pre-built theme for your website, you can easily save up to 30% of your overall website development cost.
Other than the affordability, there are several other benefits of using a pre-built theme such as:
- The themes are easy to customize.
- Most of the pre-built themes are responsive.
- You get excellent support when you buy a premium theme.
- Themes are easy to install & configure (especially WordPress themes).
Recommended post: The 7 tips to choose a WordPress theme for your website development
#3 Use free plugins
When you use WordPress for your website development, you get the advantage of using dozens of free plugins for your website.
Unlike other premium CMSs, WordPress allows you to integrate several free plugins to create a professional website.
Whether you are looking to add a contact form to your website, a live chat widget, a payment page, or a marketing popup, you will get many free plugins that you can use with your website to reduce your website development cost.
So, if you are looking for low-cost website development, hire a WordPress developer and ask him to use only free plugins.
#4 Subscribe to an affordable hosting
Web hosting plays a crucial role in the success of any website. Firstly you need web hosting to make your website available to the world. Without hosting, nobody can access your website.
Now that we know how important web hosting is, you must subscribe with reliable yet affordable hosting companies only.
Not all the expensive items are good and not all the cheap things are bad. The same applies to web hosting also.
Yes, there are many web hosting companies that offer not only affordable plans to host a website but also offer excellent support & outstanding servers.
If you are not sure about which web hosting company you must subscribe to, you can ask your website developer to assist you in shortlisting some of the reliables yet affordable hosting companies for you.
#5 Hire a WordPress developer
A website developer plays an important role in the success of any online business.
Hiring an expensive website developer can tremendously affect your website development cost. It is, therefore, a good idea to hire a WordPress developer who can help you to develop or revamp your existing website.
Why you should hire a WordPress developer?
- The WordPress developers are available in abundance.
- You can easily find a WordPress developer at an affordable cost.
- An experienced WordPress developer can help you in the selection of a reliable & affordable web hosting package.
- Your WordPress developer can help you to learn the WordPress CMS/backend of your website.
Recommended post: 12 Questions to ask before you hire a WordPress developer in Singapore
#6 Learn it yourself
Last but not the least, learning how to manage a website will save you a lot of web development costs.
You can definitely hire a professional website developer to create your website.
But you don’t need to engage & pay your developer every time you need any changes to your website.
Instead, you must take time and learn how to make minor changes to your website without taking help from your web designer.
This will not only save the cost that would spend rehiring your developer, but it will also save the time that you may have to spend communicating with your developer.