Do you have an e-commerce website developed with WooCommerce plugin? Perhaps you may be looking to create an e-commerce store this year and your web developer suggested WooCommerce (WordPress). Whichever the case, this blog post will help you to learn about 5 ways to enhance your WooCommerce store to get more customers.
Before we get started, let’s take a look at some of the benefits of using WooCommerce to build your e-commerce website in 2020.
- It’s free to use.
- There are tons of useful plugins that you can use with your WooCommerce website.
- You can easily find & hire affordable WordPress developers to develop & maintain your e-commerce website.
- WooCommerce is scaleable & flexible.
- WooCommerce makes it easier for you to manage the products and other essential things like payments, shipping, orders etc.
#1 Speed Optimization
The loading speed of your WooCommerce store directly affects your sales. The better your website’s loading speed, the higher will be the chances of getting more sales and vice versa.
Various studies have shown that e-commerce stores that take more than 5 seconds to load might lose more than 40% of their total expected sales. Don’t let this happen to you.
Here are some tips to optimize your WooCommerce website:
- Compress product images with the help of some great plugins like EWWW Image Optimizer
- Compress your theme’s CSS & JS through effective cache plugins like W3 Total Cache.
- Use CDN (content delivery network).
- Choose good website hosting.
Recommended Post: 7 Actions To Improve Loading Speed Of Your WordPress Ecommerce Website
#2 Chat Support
If you are really serious about growing your e-commerce business & grabbing more sales this year, do provide your potential customers with an option to chat online.
Benefits of online chat support? Here are but some of the major benefits:
- Faster response
- Real-time problem solving
- Low cost solution
- Improving efficiency
Recommended Post: 6 WordPress Plugins To Integrate Live Chat On Your Ecommerce Store
#3 Discount Coupons
Creating discount coupons on your WooCommerce store will help you to grab more sales with the same amount of traffic.
Everybody loves getting discounts. Who doesn’t?
Fortunately, when you use WooCommerce to build your e-commerce website, you can easily create and manage discount coupons on your own, without even hiring any web designer.
You can use discount coupons to:
- Facilitate your marketing campaigns.
- To get more sales out of same traffic.
- To sell your non-moving merchandise.
Having a feature of discount coupon management is very important to grow your business. Therefore, you must ask your website developer to provide you with this feature as a part of your website development package.
Recommended Post: 10 Essential Ingredients Of An E-commerce Website Package
#4 Easy Checkout
Complicated checkout process is perhaps one of the biggest reasons of high order abandonment rate on any e-commerce store.
If your potential customers will find your checkout process to be complicated or lengthy, you might quit immediately and as a result you may see a drop in your sales.
Here are few ways to enhance the checkout process on your WooCommerce store:
- Provide one page checkout.
- Make it simply and easy-to-understand.
- Provide guest checkout option.
- Provide social media login option.
#5 Security Enhancement
It has become even more important than ever to secure a WordPress website, especially in case of e-commerce stores where you expect your potential customers to pay online.
WordPress, being one of the most popular CMS available on the planet today, has become a favourite platform for hackers too. But there are several ways to protect your WooCommerce store.
Below are some of those effective ways:
- Ensure that all of the plugins on your WooCommerce store are updated.
- Choose your website theme cautiously.
- Take care of accessibility (permissions) of critical files.
- Customize login URL.
- Customize “admin” username.
- Disallow file editing.
- Customize database prefix.
Recommended Post: 10 Ways To Secure Your WordPress Website From Hackers & Malicious Codes