If you want to build a professional website, you need to hire a website developer.
But what type of web developer can help you to build your website?
Well, there are different types of website builders with different website development skills & expertise. You need to choose one according to your own requirements.
If you are not sure about the different types of website builders that you can hire, this blog post may help you.
In this blog post, I have shared the 5 types of website developers available for you to hire and create your website.
Let’s dive in.
Perhaps you may have heard of WordPress. If not, here is a brief explanation.
WordPress is one of the most commonly used CMS platforms for website development.
The 3 best things about WordPress are that it’s cost-effective to create a website, it comes with an easy-to-use backend, and it’s SEO-friendly.
What can a WordPress developer do for you?
A WordPress developer can help you to build:
- A corporate website for your business.
- A personal or professional blog.
- An e-commerce website using WooCommerce (a WordPress plugin to create e-commerce websites).
- A marketplace for you to invite sellers and buyers.
- A social networking website.
- A web application or any other complex web portal.
So, you can choose WordPress to create any kind of website.
In other words, no matter what type of website you may need, a WordPress developer can help you to build it at an affordable cost.
HTML is the standard markup language to build webpages.
Although you can’t build complicated websites using HTML alone, it’s an ideal choice to use for basic websites or landing pages.
So, if you are looking to create a basic website with just 2-3 pages or if you need a landing page for your marketing campaigns, you can hire an HTML designer.
HTML developers are front-end web developers who use markup languages to create the visual appearance of websites.
Building webpages using HTML is quite easy and quick. Therefore, your HTML developer wouldn’t charge you too high for providing his services.
In a nutshell, here’s what an HTML developer can do for you:
- Create a basic website with no advanced features.
- Create landing pages for your marketing campaigns.
OpenCart is one of the robust & easy-to-use CMSs to create e-commerce websites.
The best thing with OpenCart is that it allows you to create multiple stores with just a single administrative panel.
You can easily find and hire an affordable OpenCart developer to create or recreate your website.
Just like WordPress, OpenCart also offers an easy-to-use backend system for novice webmasters to take control of their store without any prior technical knowledge or hiring a website developer.
An OpenCart developer can help you to:
- Create a robust yet affordable e-commerce website.
- Create a multi-lingual and multi-currency online store.
- Create a website with multiple stores but with a single admin panel.
Drupal is one of the secured & robust CMS platforms to create a website. If you need a website that’s highly secured, Drupal is an ideal choice for you.
Although the backend of Drupal CMS is not as simple as WordPress, webmasters who need a highly secured website due to the nature of their businesses may choose Drupal to build their sites.
You may not easily find a Drupal developer to hire, because Drupal CMS is not commonly used to create simple websites. Therefore, not all developers work on Drupal.
But there are still several options for you to hire a Drupal developer in Singapore.
How can a Drupal website developer help you:
- To create a basic corporate website for your business.
- To create an e-commerce store for you to sell online.
- To create complicated web portals & web applications.
PHP is a server-side programming language that can interact with many different database languages including MySQL.
The core programming language behind most of the CMS platforms such as WordPress and Drupal is PHP.
There are also several PHP frameworks such as Laravel & Code Igniter that can be used to develop any kind & size of website.
Now you can understand how PHP developers can help you to create your website.
An experienced PHP developer can help you to create a robust yet affordable website using custom codes, frameworks or CMS platforms.
Since PHP is an open-source, it can help you to reduce your overall website development cost.
Here are some of the major benefits of using PHP for your website development:
- Light weight and fast loading.
- Free to use (being an open-source).
- Simplicity of coding for the PHP coders.
- Works well with various CMSs.
- Large community and libraries.
- Abundance of website developers who work on PHP.